Accommodation around L. Manyara N. Park...
L. Manyara N. Park
Lake Manyara National Park offers a wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake to dense woodlands and steep mountainsides. Apart from a spectacular setting, the park is famous for its unusual tree-climbing lions and the vast elephant herds it was established to protect.
The shores of the lake, encrusted with pink flamingo, attract more than 400 species of birds, many of them waterfowl or migrants. Large herds of buffalo, cheetah, Masai giraffe and impala roam the lake shores and the forested valley slopes.
- Very relaxed elephants to view at close quarters
- Stunning scenery
- Superb birding and seasonal flamingo flocks
- Close to Arusha and en route to Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti
- Activities include canoe safaris and the new treetop walkway
- Rarely visited in the morning