Accommodation around Ngorongoro Conservancy...
The Ngorongoro Crater in Northern Tanzania, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. The Ngorongoro crater is a deep, volcanic caldera about 20kms across, 600 meters deep and 300 sq kms in area, the Ngorongoro Crater is a breathtaking natural wonder. Some maintain that before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa.
Today, long since having collapsed and eroded, it is an extensive highland area with the famous 600 m deep Ngorongoro Crater as its focal point. Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth.
- Top wildlife viewing all year round
- Superb for spotting predators
- Black rhino is easily seen
- Excellent mid-range and luxury lodges on the crater rim
- Staying on the crater rim offers great views into the crater
- Cultural visit to a Masai village is available